Pre-K – Fifth Grade
At Southern University Laboratory School, we strive to make the most of a student’s unique gifts, while helping each child achieve academic excellence, master learning skills, develop greater imagination, and establish strong self-esteem.
For children from Pre-K through Fifth Grade, the lab school offers a superior education tailored to the talents, curiosity, and growth of each student. Our programs help each student to develop socially as well as academically and advance successfully.
We do so by:
- Ensuring the development of intellectual, social, and emotional capabilities, employing the Montessori method as our teaching foundation;
- Emphasizing integrity, responsibility, respect for others, and community leadership as our values;
- Insisting upon continued excellence in teaching and in the emotional and social development of all children we serve;
- Continually improving our curriculum by incorporating components and techniques from a variety of teaching methods;
- Creating a community that encourages discovery, diversity, and achievement.